The National Information and Communication Technology Company Limited
Terms and Conditions for Online Payment
The online payment terms constitute an Agreement between Customer and the National Information and Communication Technology Company Limited, branded “iGovTT”. Please read carefully. The Customer may accept or decline the Terms as indicated at the bottom of this page, but to make a payment you must accept the Terms by clicking “I agree”.
These online payment terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the Customer’s use of the online payment transaction service (the “Service”) made available by the National Information and Communication Technology Company Limited, branded “iGovTT” These Terms constitute an Agreement between the Customer and iGovTT. Please read them carefully. These Terms may be amended from time to time by iGovTT as deemed necessary, with or without prior notice and the said amendments shall be incorporated into this Agreement by reference. By ticking the box where indicated each time you use the Service, you agree to be bound by the provisions of these Terms.
These Terms form part of iGovTT’s website terms and conditions of use which govern the Customer’s access to and usage of the iGovTT website. By agreeing to comply with the Terms the Customer also agrees to comply with iGovTT’s website terms and conditions of use. If there is a conflict between iGovTT’s website terms and conditions of use and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail.
Grant of Rights
The Customer may use the Service for the purpose of making payments to iGovTT via online credit card transaction, provided that the Customer do not:
- In any way damage or disrupt the Service and/or the operation of the Service;
- Use the Service for any unauthorised or unlawful purpose;
Eligibility for Service (See Warranties and Disclaimers below)
To be eligible for the Service the Customer shall:
- Be 18 years and over.
- Be the holder of a valid Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online Payment Terms and are able to and will meet the Customer’s obligations in relation to these.
iGovTT provides the Customer with an electronic payment service that allows the Customer to conveniently make payments for a tender package. By inputting the Customer’s Credit Card or Debit Card information, the Customer is providing iGovTT with a one-time-only authorization to charge that card to obtain the relevant funds in pursuant to this Agreement. Please be guided by the following guidelines:
- Payments using the Service may be made sole by using a Visa or MasterCard credit and debit cards.
- All payments are to be in one of the Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago's approved currencies: – Trinidad and Tobago Dollars (TTD) or United States Dollars (USD)
- Upon completing a transaction using the Service, the Customer will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details the Customer wishes to process. It is the Customer’s responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct.
- iGovTT have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the Service or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond iGovTT’s control.
- Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled. We do not accept any responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between the Customer and the Customer’s credit card issuer.
- Payments made by credit card attract a merchant service fee which is dependent on the amount being transacted and the currency.
- International cardholders using the Service may incur their own bank’s international service fees, in addition to the merchant service fee.
Timing of Payments
Payments made using the Customer’s Credit Card or Debit Card will be charged within one (1) to three (3) business days of purchase.
Warranties and Disclaimers
The Customer warrants that:
- the Customer is aged 18 or over;
- the Customer has the appropriate authority to validly accept the Terms and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to the Terms;
- The credit card used in connection with the Service is issued in the Customer’s name or the Customer has the authorisation to use the credit card in connection with the Service
- the Customer will pay the credit card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the Service;
- The information supplied by the Customer is true and correct;
The Customer shall defend, indemnify, protect and save harmless iGovTT from and against any and all suits, claims, demands, damages or losses of whatsoever kind or nature (including but not limited to expenditure for and costs of investigations, hiring of experts, witnesses, court costs, attorneys’ settlement, judgments or otherwise, including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may be brought against, suffered, sustained, paid or incurred by iGovTT and its affiliates and its or their directors, officers, employees, consultants or agents arising out of:
- any breach of the Agreement by the Customer;
- the inaccuracy, untruthfulness, or breach of any representation, or warranty made by the Customer or any Agent of the Customer in fulfilment of its obligations under the Agreement;
- any violation of applicable laws related to the Agreement by the Customer;
- any negligent, wilful misconduct, dishonest or wrongful acts, errors or omissions by the Customer or the Agent of the Customer, whether acting alone or in concert with any third party;
- actual or alleged property loss or damage, resulting or alleged to have resulted from, an act or omission of the Customer or any Agent of the Customer;
- the fraud and/or dishonesty of the Customer or the Agent of the Customer in the use of the Services.
This Agreement is governed and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad and Tobago courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the Services and the Terms.